How long is the process? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long is the process?

CMR97
CMR97 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had my assessent at home 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. When should I expect to hear if I got enough points or what, how does it work? Thanks

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You should phone DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report which will give you a good idea of what your award is likely to be.  Assessment report should take 10+ days to arrive.  Award letters are taking longer now because of backlogs.  If you haven't received yours within a month of assessment date, phone DWP for an update.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @CMR97,
    Hello and welcome,  as. Matilda say get your report by ringing DWP then when it arrives you should be able to work out what your award is by the points awarde by the accessor at your home accessment. You need 8 points for standard daily livening and standard mobility and 12 for enhanced in both caces. Black dots in the first box of a descriptors is No Points. Good luck.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.