Chronic pain help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain help

Options
Qu33ni3
Qu33ni3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've been in cronic pain for around 20yrs now. I am sick of it i would give anything to be rid of it! Im not sure what its called or i've forgotten over the years but my spine is crumbling, seven vertbraes  have gone so far and the rest will surely follow. So this is me don't go out unless to the drs or to hospital appointments. So is there any comments or opinions or any questions?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi @Qu33ni3, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear that you're living with chronic pain. Are you under a pain clinic at the moment? We have plenty of other community members who have chronic pain, so do feel free to get involved with our discussions and join in. You may also be interested in the Pain Concern Helpline if you'd like to talk to somebody about your experiences. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I hear you. 10 years for me. Pain Management is really great.
  • Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    I went on a 6 weeks course with the pain management programme but i got nowhere apart from a numb bum and 2 parking tickets. If you live in staffordshire or Birmingham area we could meet up
  • zoro
    zoro Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    I've had pain for around twenty years that has been ever increasing.
    The last ten years it's become quite awful.
    I have benign tumours on my spinal cord that cause me a lot of problems with pain and mobility and dropping things.
    For the last three months I haven't been able to open a packet of crisps because the fingers on my right hand have stopped working properly.
    Will they start again?
    Who knows.
    I'm on very strong opiates which help but they don't get rid of all the pain all the time that's just not possible.
    I'm going out the house less and less but I can still drive most days.
    Recently had a medical driving assessment and flew through that but at th end of the test they said in three years time they'll be calling me back and expect to see me driving an automatic.
    Not a lot I can say about reliving your pain unfortunately.
    I have been to Holland and Barrett and purchased CBD oil.
    Not noticed any increased pain relief yet but it does help me sleep at night.
    I can tell because the quilt is in the same spot in the morning and I've hardly moved.
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.