PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP assessment

jules47 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am a 57 yr old lady, who has many different health issues and all of these combined have left me disabled. I know there are quite a lot of us who like myself have had a pips assessment and come out of it losing out. I have had to go into debt to stay mobile, and things are about to get a whole lot worse as my son and his partner are moving out to start their own lives in their new home. This now means I'm about to lose mine, and my little support network won't be around to help me as before. 


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jules47
    and welcome to the community. I am truly, deeply sorry to hear of your difficulties and hope that we may be able to help you in some way.
    So, we're a safe, friendly community, ready to listen and ready to do anything we can to help. Feel free to chat and to ask any questions that occur to you.
    It sounds pretty urgent to me that someone looks into this PIPs assessment, and this link might provide you with a good place to start https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
    Check out the links in the purple band at the bottom of the page, too, as there may be other things there that might help. And other members will be along in due course to chat with you, introduce themselves and offer advice.
    We're very glad to have you here, and I hope you'll keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes, and hugs,
  • jules47
    jules47 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your reply I will certainly have a look at the link that u sent me x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again, @jules47
    and thank you for your reply. Whatever else, don't forget that you now have friends here. Keep in touch.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.