Have you heard of Phrenic Nerve Palsy? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you heard of Phrenic Nerve Palsy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @roe, thank you for taking the time to share this with us all! 
    We are very glad to have you with us on the community. :)
    I have used the Spoon Theory for many years and love the concept. Like you said, it is a good way to explain to family and friends as well. 
    Hope to see you around!

Scope

• Roe
    Roe Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Lol hi again forgot to say i am also being investigated for apaeno and initial tests are registering 53 a minute ..which seems weird  but as my dad died of sleep apaeno im happy  to follow spec recommendations which will be a trial cpap machine. 
    My gp called me a PERFECT STORM yesterday lol but im determined to live as long as i can even if im huffing and puffing. 
    So any tips for making this  sht easier..hit me up..
    Oh do you guys do a meet and greet some where on here?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Roe, we currently don't do meet ups due to the large area that the community reaches. Please do feel free to have a look around and get involved with anything that takes your fancy!

We always have a range of discussions going on in the coffee lounge, and we are always around to help. :)
    Scope

• Shaxx
    Shaxx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Roe, gosh I hope you improve and you can manage your symptoms. The best thing for me to help with my breathing was getting off qvar (brown asthma inhaler) and instead I now take symbicort. It's like magic with comparison to qvar which did nothing for me. I am asthmatic so the nerve palsey plus asthma don't go well but the symbicort did help me loads. Not sure if they do a meet and great. I'm sure someone in scope could answer that however.  I think people on here from all over the world! 
  • papertree
    papertree Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I'm new, I've had Phrenic nerve palsy for 8 years, it took a huge fight for 18months to be diagnosed, then 2 years 6months after it happened I had diaphragm plication surgery. 
    Symbicort is amazing, I have asthma as well and if I don't take my pump I feel it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Welcome to the community @papertree, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.