DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP

Options
JCTaylor
JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Jannette I've just joined scope. I received letter December 2017 from DWP  my DLA been stopped and informed me to now claim for PIP. Ive just filled in PIP form which found did not cover all aspects of daily life 24/7 with help from citizen advice. Like everybody else that's going through same process I'm of course anxious worried. I suffer with spinal problems degenerative disc desease lumber L1 to L5 L5-S1bulgging vertebra nerves been irrated and my neck is a mess 2/3 4/5 6/7 7/1 betweenb5/6 fused bone inserted and cage fitted at front. It now causing problem cage screws inpinging butting  cord and nerves been irrated both sides of my neck. Suffer pins needles numbness stabbing pain both legs toes both arms hands fingers and my head. Also suffer with hammer toes trigger fingers tendonitus both hands. Both hips showings wear tear arthritus as well as both my knees. Suffer carpol tunnel and tennis elbow. Had operation right foot tendon transfer plus permanent screw fixed in ankle which now causes alot discomfort as does cage in my neck.  My eye sight wear glasses with prisms. Sent PIP all medical evidence I have plus contact details of my doctor for xray scans. Hospital records. adult social services details plus careers ssistance I receive. Am waiting to hear from PIP about face to face medical. Am worried of course. Any advice would be appreciated how should basically conduct myself answer their questions. As I've heard they try to get you to do stuff bend stand on tip toe raise your arms round your back. Take couple steps aided or un aided. This to me totally wrong does not relate to what your physical capabilities are and mobility is on daily bases. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Janette, @JCTaylor, and welcome to the community. I noticed you've already made useful comments on a discussion about journey planning, and we're very glad to have you.
    As you can imagine - and as you may already have discovered - there is a lot of discussion on PIP/DLA on the site. If you look at the purple band lower down the screen you'll see a number of links to those posts and discussions and to others, perhaps, that may be of use to you.
    This is the link to the 'Talk about PIP/DLA' area: 
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla  which you would find anyway under 'Employment, finances and disability benefits'. One or more of these would perhaps be worth a visit, and I have no doubt that others will come back to you on this post.
    Very happy to 'meet' you,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • JCTaylor
    JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi where would i find the address for the department these medical assessors work for as a want to make complaint regards assessor who visited my partner in our home she lied and twisted what he said. And had him doing stuff he struggled to do. 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Janette, @JCTaylor
    I don't have the specific answer to this question but you can probably get what you need through: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
    Please let me know how you get on.
    Very best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JCTaylor, and welcome! I've moved this over to our DLA/PIP category where hopefully our members will be able to help you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.