CURRY IN A HURRY — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CURRY IN A HURRY

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
I like to share my recipe Curry in Hurry I developed this today because.  I was having a blue day like curry but hate all the preparation.  Get these urges for some thing better than an over priced take away.

So I had the stores and the ingredients.  People are so kind and supportive.  

You will need the following

Blender or Food Processor.

1  ONION DICE 
CURRY PASTE ANY 2  TEASPOONS OR MORE UP TO YOU
TIN COCONUT MILK
GARLIC FROM A JAR  1 TEASPOON
CHILLIES FROM A JAR 1 TEASPOON OR ADJUST LESS
GINGER FROM A JAR  1 TEASPOON
TUMERIC 1 HEAPED TEASPOON
BUNCH OF CORIANDER RIPPED UP OR CHOPPED 
OR DRIED 1 TEASPOON
TOUCH OF WATER.

All add to Blender or Food processor blitz.

To a bowl and then portion up.

TO GO WITH COOKED CHCKEN FROM THE DELI
USE LEGS OR BREAST OR A MIX
PEPPERS ANY DICED SLICED
RICE WHOLE GRAIN MICROWAVE THIRD PACK
TIN LENTILS HALF DRAINED
TIN CHICKPEAS HALF DRAINED

1.  To a Saute Pan add a portion of curry sauce.
2.  Bring to boil simmer  Add peppers, rice, lentils, chickpeas warm through.
3.  Last add chicken warm through simmer.
4.  Serve.
5.  Replace Peppers with frozen veg Spinach, Peas and Green Beans.
6.  Make the curry sauce you own add tin toms add fresh ones.  Add other spices if you want to.  I added Tumeric because it is for calming and also for colour.

Tumeric is always in Curries for that good calming stress etc.  Relaxes the stomach and digestion.

I hope you all enjoy best wishes take care
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Victoriad   Good use this recipe if you wish to.  By way am doing Saturday Take out my versions.

All your favourites from the take away places and some that are not but people often have.

So watch this space hope I can help any body or yourself.  If any body want to use that That is OK or adapt them to their own purposes that is OK.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Sue52
    Sue52 Community member Posts: 78 Courageous
    Hi @thespiceman

What a brilliant idea sharing recipes. Would you mind if I share some to ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sue52 Pleased to meet you.  I would be happy if any body would wish to share.  I like creating recipes, shortcuts and lots of tips and tricks.

I started doing this because I read the various posts from many members of our community.  Who wish and would like to have a meal that is easy to do.  Minimum ingredients.  Using kitchen gadgets we all have them but never use them.

I used to  create recipes for friends who had numerous illness and disability.  Some in relationships wanting to cook for partner easy to do as I say.

Also myself having a disability and a addiction plus mental illness means I have to eat but being on my own.  Finding the three s's I call them 

Simple  Sassy  Sexy to eat and to look and to taste.  Hence the Italian Cook Book and food of the Med and Spices, Herbs.  Cucine Pavore in Italian food of the poor.

When during my addiction trying to sort myself out.  Went to Nutrition Courses and Well being Courses.  Learnt a lot by the way any body out there  worth looking at. 

I have food qualifications and have gained others as well.  Being a gentleman in my fifties now I have been doing this for a long time.  Always knew there was food and recipes out their in the community that can help each and every one to make themselves warm and comforting

Recipes you can make in advance Freeze usually Zip Bags portioned up.  Using Slow Cookers or Pressure Cookers.

I do this on a regular basis to help myself every time am not good.  So I pull some thing out on a night defrost morning and by nightime ready.  Also can defrost pouring hot water over frozen bag if it is soup, leave and it will defrost.

Simple things like that.  I have many others but please feel free to share.  Also I think people in the community could see then what do I cook tonight.  There is a recipe for whatever then if they have the ingredients could make a meal.

I just thought a little back ground to myself and what I have been doing to further the cause of healthy eating..

Nice to talk to you watch this space Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Great recipe and love the idea of sharing healthy and easy meals to cook!!! Thank you @thespiceman :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sam_Scope Thank you for kind words and support.  Thought I give some of my ideas and recipes.  I do not mind if any body wishes to adapt any of them.

Started to do Saturday Nite Take out my versions.  I have a Take out like we all do one Saturday .  Over priced at the least then nothing to it.  There has to be a way to have my favourites.

Got recipe books.  Had a look.  So the journey begins.  What do you like Sam?  Is there some thing you like Take away want to do it but do not know how.  Maybe I can help ?

I had a mate who liked Pizza but could not afford it all the time.  So I created a Pasta that has all the flavours of a Pizza.  Chuffed to bits.  Can have Pizza every Weekend but as a Pasta if he so desires.

Hope you OK Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I know what you mean! Whenever we have a takeaway I am never blown away by it!!

I am half indian so I love curries and use our family recipes, curries scare some poeple off but they are so simple to make if you understand spices.

My husband loves the crispy shredded chilli beef from the chinese, any recipes like that?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sam_Scope   Thank you for reply.  I have in my book that I use a recipe using Beef.  I do healthy versions of Saturday Take outs.  Well I try to. 

This can be used for any meat Chicken, Turkey, Pork.  You can use any pack diced I would recommend.  I used Turkey Thigh, Pork Shoulder, Stewing Steak.

I have adapted it.  Uses Mince but I do not like mince I like using whole meat.  Not a mince fan.

I do not have a wok and just use one medium sized saute pan.  All in one pan as well.  You can add any vegetables from the fridge work well here.  Changes.

SPICY BEEF

PACK OF DICED BEEF
    FROM A JAR GINGER 1 TEASPOON
    CHINESE FIVE SPICE POWDER 1 TEASPOON
    FROM A JAR CHILLI 1 TEASPOON OR ADJUST
    MIXED PEPPERS RED AND GREEN DICED SLICED
    SESAME OIL 1 TABLESPOON
    RAPESEED/ VEG OIL 1 TABLESPOON
    NOODLES STRAIGHT TO WOK

1.  FRY BEEF WITH OIL TO A PAN SEAR COOK THREE MINUTES TILL BROWNED

2. ADD GINGER, CHILLI,FIVE SPICE POWDER, ANOTHER MIN.

3. ADD VEG YOUR CHOICE I USED PEPPERS STIRING SEARING COUPLE MINS

4.ADD SESAME OIL AND THE STRAIGHT TO WOK NOODLES 2 MINS 

5. SERVE.

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.