Lost mobility award — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lost mobility award

mjj Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hubby had standard rate of care and mobility award reviewed early. Jan instead of November!. Lost mobility element! Should we appeal or leave it? Nothing has changed but understand both elements reviewed. Don't know best thing to do


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mjj and welcome to the community. So very glad to have you with us.
    As I keep stressing to people, you are in a safe place here and among friends. Don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions you may have.
    Since your first enquiry is benefits related, can I direct your attention to the links (white on a purple background) lower on the page? Look in particular at those under 'Employment, finances and ESA' - there are four, any and each of which may prove of use to you. And I'm going to put the link in here to Talk about PIP/DLA  My gut feeling - which could of course be wrong - is that that might be the benefit/s you are concerned about.
    Others who know more or have more experience will be in touch with you in due course, but I'm here and listening and hoping to assist , if that helps.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi mjj

    Have a look at the B&W self test to see what points your OH should score


    If you deserve an award then you should challenge a wrong decision, however the whole award will be looked at again you can lose points as well as gain them.
    How safe is the DL component ?

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger


    If you think there could be no justification for lowering or removing your current award then you have nothing to lose by appealing. 65% of appeals succeed.  A Tribunal increased my award.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.