ESA due to end, still ill and confused — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA due to end, still ill and confused

Options
ngjd131
ngjd131 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
my contribution based ESA is due to end my partner works so I would be entitled to income based ESA. My health has not changed I have applied for jobs got 2 interviews and had seizures at both interviews due to stress levels. I really don’t know where to turn advice pleas. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ngjd131, and thanks for sharing this wit us- I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances. I've moved this post into our ask an employment advisor category to see if they can offer any guidance. 
  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ngjd131
    I hope you are well. sorry to hear about your situation. 
    As you mentioned your health hasn't changed, do you feel you are in position to get back to work? and what sort work are you looking to get into?

Great to hear that you are getting interviews but obviously the seizures sound like an area of concern.

If you would like some support in your journey to getting back to work, be sure to contact Scopes Support to Work, who provide tailored support and advice to disabled people seeking employment. if eligible for the service you will be assigned to an employment adviser who will work with you to explore your employability skills, what sort of barriers you might be facing and how to possibly overcome these as well as helping you prepare for interviews as well any other employment related issues.  You can contact the team on 0300 222 5742 or email supporttowork@scope.org.uk.
    we look forward to hearing from you.  
    Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork
  • ngjd131
    ngjd131 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Amazing thanks for your reply. My seizures are so strange as they are triggered but anxiety and stress so I can have periods of time with only seizures through the night but then I can have times where I’m having upto 12 a day. Because I have non epileptic seizures as well they are a lot harder to control. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.