Moving on to ESA from statutory sick pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving on to ESA from statutory sick pay

Options
Teddylo
Teddylo Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi guys, my statutory sick pay comes to an end at the end of this month & my application has been processed to start on ESA from then. Will my employer end my employment contract automatically & pay my final salary or do I need to do anything ? 

Comments

• Teddylo
    Options
    Thank you for.replying Mike, i had a a meeting with my employer last December as to ending my contract through the capability route as I'm no longer able to do the job. But since then all has gone silent apart from receiving SSP1 letter to say my Ssp is ending on 25/2. I receive standard rate PIP & I've had my letter from ESA which will start from 26/2. Will handing my notice in affect or stop the ESA? Many thanks
  • Teddylo
    Options
    Yes I explored the reasonable adjustments which they are not able to do. I was a carer in a nursing home & they had the bare minimum of staff , so could not offer me anything. my doctor & consultant both strongly advised a career change so I am looking for something else. Thank you for your help, very much appreciated.
  • Thepirate
    Thepirate Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Tedylo like you I have just gone from SSP onto ESA.  Have sent back the medical assessment form.Now waiting to see what happens.  Must admit my employer has been very supportive so far.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.