Caring and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Caring and PIP

Options
Biffy
Biffy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi looking for advice regarding being on low rate pip myself have been working as was deemed fit and did 20 hours
Unfortunately have had too give up work due too circumstances outwith my control my father geddit 81 partner passed away on the 19th Jan 
Due too his care requirements was decided as a family that dad needed constant care I am too move into his home which has stair lift and wet room and also 2 bedrooms with the continued support of my daughters and other family member for cooking food and cleaning so will be a shared care situation as I need help and support myself 
My brother on  checking has stated that carers allowance can be claimed. ? 
ALSO he on checking dad's dla that only low care is paid 
Dad has too be helped dress fed toilet needs also walking his partner  for whatever reason decided not to claim more did pop into citizen advice a month for app any advice would be helpfully 
Also dad has just received notification that he is too be changed too pip 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.