Iv just had my pip form but I cannot fill it out myself because Iv Dyslexia can anyone help me pleas — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Iv just had my pip form but I cannot fill it out myself because Iv Dyslexia can anyone help me pleas

happy55Bunny Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,154 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @happy55Bunny

    Good Evening & Welcome!!!!!

    Do you have a local “CAB” who will be able to help/support you???

    Please please let me know if I can help you with things ????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @happy55Bunny

    You don’t have to do the form on your own. You can ask someone else to help you. They can help by keeping you company while you do it, talking to you about your answers before you write them or they can fill in the form for you. It can be someone you know or you can find a benefits adviser near you using our the Turn2Us Find an Adviser tool

    There is lots more information on the Turn2Us website about filling in PIP forms.

    Could a friend or family member help you by sitting with you and reading through the questions and helping you write the answers?

    Most people do find the form tough to fill in, it is worth taking your time and not doing it all in one sitting.  You need to get as much evidence as possible so it is worth speaking to any doctors/therapists/nurses/consultants who you see about your impairment.
    Senior online community officer
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,529 Disability Gamechanger
    There is plenty of help out there but considerable merit in doing the form yourself as it neatly illustrates your issues. Get someone to explain the questions but you write the answers. Dyslexia rarely prevents you reading or writing but in most cases it makes it harder. Show them the result.

    A quick call to PIP will also get you a minimum 2 week extension of time.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.