Iv just had my pip form but I cannot fill it out myself because Iv Dyslexia can anyone help me pleas — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Iv just had my pip form but I cannot fill it out myself because Iv Dyslexia can anyone help me pleas

Options
happy55Bunny
happy55Bunny Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @happy55Bunny

Good Evening & Welcome!!!!!

Do you have a local “CAB” who will be able to help/support you???

Please please let me know if I can help you with things ????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @happy55Bunny

You don’t have to do the form on your own. You can ask someone else to help you. They can help by keeping you company while you do it, talking to you about your answers before you write them or they can fill in the form for you. It can be someone you know or you can find a benefits adviser near you using our the Turn2Us Find an Adviser tool

There is lots more information on the Turn2Us website about filling in PIP forms.

Could a friend or family member help you by sitting with you and reading through the questions and helping you write the answers?

Most people do find the form tough to fill in, it is worth taking your time and not doing it all in one sitting.  You need to get as much evidence as possible so it is worth speaking to any doctors/therapists/nurses/consultants who you see about your impairment.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.