Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Hi everyone I'm new to this group and really glad I've joined
I've been on esa benefit and now they have moved me to work related activity group 
I am so stressed with it all I don't know who to turn to
I don't go out the house only with my mom to shops then I stay in the car
I've got really bad anxiety ànd panic attacks
They came to my home to do the assessment and my mom gets the sick notes from the doctors as I can't face going anywhere where there are people 
Any one else like this so down and depressed 


  • zsr
    zsr Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi I'm the same but also have fibromyalgia so suffer severe pain also. I sympathise will you massively it's awful. 
    I'm in the ESA Support Group I got switched last month after going for the assessment. 
    If you think it is unfair and you believe you should be in the Support Group you can ask them to look at the decision again, this is called ‘mandatory reconsideration' and if there is still no joy you can appeal by independent tribunal. 
    If you are anything like me this will make you feel very anxious having to consider asking them to reconsider it. I sympathise with you. 
    I've included a link for you

    I wish you luck and understand how hard this is for you. Anxiety & depression is awful. 
  • lilybrace7
    lilybrace7 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou for your reply
    It' awful because people dont see anything wrong they just think your ok
    And you should pull yourself together 
    I wish I could I would live to get out there 
    Thankyou for the link I will have a look at that
    Im. Even stressing about writing a letter to them about them reconsidering my situation so I can be in the support group
    Thanks again


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.