Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

Options
mandyqks
mandyqks Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband is my carer. I'm on highest payment. He has received £40 approx pw due to his own physical and mental situation for around seven years. A FEMALE ASSESSOR however, recently decided to MIS communicate the facts in his application. Thereby he loses the money he needs to pay for the extras he genuinely needs. I'm appalled and annoyed at her blatant twisting of my husband's testimony of how his life is affected. He's had several operations and is disabled by mental difficulty. How does she sleep at night? What does she gain from his loss? I've discovered that at least one person lost their life following her visit. I'm  not suggesting that is her fault but if he was that ill how could she notate a lesser need? Needless to say my husband WILL be appealing and getting a reassessment.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mandyqks

It’s great to meet you this evening I’m very sorry its not in a happy note.

Unfortunatley you are not on your own “believe me”

Yes yes appeal, do you have any info to help??? do you know where to go to appeal ???? do you have any people to talk things over with????

Sorry for all the questions, but we can tick every box for you!!!!

Please please let me know if I can be off service?????
  • Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    Options
    Welcome.

I am glad you have reached out and there are very knwoledgeable people on here that can help assist with advice. I wish you and your husband all the best.

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Mandy (?) @mandyqks and welcome to the community. I am glad you found your way here.
    As @Steve51 said earlier, you are far from alone in this, so you will find many fellow sufferers only too ready to listen and share. And, again as Steve said, we have many, may resources here.
    In due course, Admin will probably move this post to a forum more relevant to your particular problems. In the meanwhile, could you possibly tell me the name of the benefit you are looking to appeal?
    Whatever it is, I am sure, too, that you will find links to it lower down the screen.
    Hope some of this helps. Do keep in touch and get back to us whenever you wish to.
    Warmest best wishes
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.