Hi, I am Rachel- employment support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I am Rachel- employment support

Options
painintheback2018
painintheback2018 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
Trying to put my life back together after my husband of 34 years ran of with his marriage counselor.
Would love to find a job, but being disabled puts a lot of employers of. Any tips on how to get back in the job market? I love office work. But twice now after a long interview at the job centre, they tell me that DLA was invented for 'people like me'???

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @painintheback2018, and welcome to the community! So sorry to hear about your situation. I've moved this post to our ask an employment advisor category where somebody will hopefully be able to advise further.
  • Pia_Scope
    Pia_Scope Scope Posts: 41 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi@painintheback2018

I am sorry to hear about your personal circumstances, and hope that things will brighten up for you.
    The good thing is that you seem to be very motivated to find yourself back in work, and that's a positive start.

Being a disabled person doesn't make it impossible to find work, although it might be more challenging.
    At Support to work we can offer you support and advice, which will help you with for example: CV, cover/spec letter, interview skills, job searches, confidence building, reasonable adjustments, benefit information and more.
    After reading your post it sounds as if we can offer you the support that you need.

You can contact us at Support to work by calling 0300 222 57 42,
    or by sending an email to Supporttowork@scope.org.
    Alternatively you can fill in the online form 
    here

I wish you all the best & hope that we will hear from you soon.

Kind Regards
    Pia

Pia
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.