Assessment issues and lies — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment issues and lies

Options
rogerdoger
rogerdoger Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am fuming with the assessors blatent lies, my husband suffers with ishemic heart disease, stroke, diabetes, psoriatic arthritis, high blood pressure high cholesterol, chronic plaque psoriasis, degenerative disc disease depression as well as other ailments. The assessor who came out to see him was very nice polite and understanding or so I thought, we have just had her report back from the DWP and she has made up a story agatha  Christie  would be proud of. We provided hospital consultant letters as well as gp letters to confirm ailments above to which she completely blanked, my husband has received high rate DLA and care since 2011 he now has been taken of the high rate of DLA meaning he will have to return his mobility car I can't believe it.He travels a 25 mile round trip every week to the hospital to see his consultant's he now will not be able to attend as this would involve 2, buses and a tram each way it seems like his independence has just ended.I don't know who I let into my home she certainly can't be medically qualified as no one in the right mind could come to a decision he does'nt qualify for high rate DLA with the illnesses he has. Please when it's your turn ask questions their qualifications, expertise, training they've received I wish I had we will now be appealing this decision somebody somewhere should be held accountable for these assesors who as far as I'm concerned ain't qualified to make decisions on illnesses they are not qualified in

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.