Manchester Airport travelling as disabled person - good or bad?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Manchester Airport travelling as disabled person - good or bad??

Options
ruthwxm
ruthwxm Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
My husband has serious difficulty walking although not a full time wheelchair user. Last year we flew from Heathrow and got extremely good help although we hadn’t notified them in advance, we were spotted on first arrival, Martin walking slowly with a stick, and they just took care of everything!
We are now considering a flight via Manchester, and wondered how others have got on - we have read some rather bad reports on Trip Advisor Forum.  (This time we would notify of our needs in advance as Martin is worse than previously and some help would be essential.)
Any experiences good or bad that you can share, would be helpful.

Comments

• sooz
    sooz Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    HI, I travelled through Manchester last year and found it much better than Heathrow. 

I can walk, but not far. I was using crutches and directed immediately to a check in desk with no queue, then directed to the nearby area for special assistance. Lovely gentleman wheeled me through security, even offered to take me around the shops before taking me to my gate.

easiest airport experience ever! 

Return journey was was just as good.

enjoy xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.