IS it worth getting a assessors report, — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IS it worth getting a assessors report,

jaycee6
jaycee6 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
Hi  all just took my daughter for her face to face pip assessment,Is it worth asking for the assessor report?  or should I  just wait until the letter of her pip award arrives . ?.Do you gain anything by getting a AR, ?,,If i did get one ,How do I get one.What percent of people bother to get one,,? sorry if its to many questions,This is all new to me (pips)

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Get an AR - phone DWP.  An AR will give you a good indication of the likely decision and you will have to challenge the AR contents if you need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    @jaycee6 Hi the report will tell you which descriptors was ticked by your assessor you then can add the points up yourself and then you will know roughly what your award is ...If it's not the outcome you wanted you then can start on your MR it will also say what your assessor wrote about you ..always good to have .
  • Broken
    Broken Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    I have telephoned today to get mine for ESA (PIP forms posted yesterday so both ongoing at same time). I think the DWP should automatically send written information on outcome of assessments and how points have/have not been scored without the need for us to request them. Very strongly agree with @Matilda and @dee4848 :-) If we do not fight for our entitlements (a much better description than benefits imo) this government will get away with whatever means they think fit in order to eradicate the benefits system completely. Nobody knows when or if they may be in the same situation as a claimant. None of us chose to become disabled/ill. 
  • jaycee6
    Is it the DWP or DLA I phone for pips .Anyone know the phone number I need or where I can find it, Is it the same number  thats on DLA / DWP letter ? Also how many days after assessment can you phone them for report,,Thanks
  • dee4848
    @jaycee6 Hi you can ring DWP number is on your letters I would give it 4 days after assessment .
  • dee4848
    @jaycee6 And thats not working days they are working Saturday's and Sundays at present .
  • Matilda
    I phoned DWP for report the day after assessment and report arrived 10 days later.  They send them out in request order.  
  • dee4848
    @matilda Maybe its certain areas has I rang next day and they said it was too early I rang on 4th day and took 5 days to come .
  • Matilda
    I was told that it wasn't available to be sent out yet but would be in due course.  I assume my request was put on a list.
  • jaycee6
    Thanks for replies ,Im going to ring tommorow
  • Matilda
    Yes, evidently reports go to the assessment company's senior management first, not direct to the DWP.  A former assessor, a nurse, was interviewed on TV recently and said that a report she sent in stating that an assessee had learning difficulties was returned to her telling her to omit any mention of learning difficulties!  I wonder how often assessment companies' senior management return reports to assessors for 'doctoring'! :o
  • Broken
    Broken Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    @Matilda yes, the nurse who did my assessment said it would have to be "ok'd by her boss" before being sent to DM. I suspect most, if not all reports will get "authorisation" or returned for amendment (doctoring) in order to comply with their daily/weekly "quota". I await my copy with a great deal of trepidation ....
  • Matilda
    @Broken

I hope there are no problems with your report.
  • jaycee6
    Hi i have my daughters assessment back .But I dont see any tick box on it ,Just different letters eg,,a  , f , c  ...What does this all mean..I cant  make any sense out of it . Has anybody else had one that  come back with letters,,and not a tick box
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    It' the black dots you should be looking for 
  • jaycee6
    Hi,,dee4848  there are no black dots at all,,No numbers, only letters. Maybe they have changed the form.I haven't got a clue. As I have never seen a report before, I think I will just have to wait until the award letter arrives.Lets hope it is soon
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    @jaycee6 oh it must of changed then so people carnt even get an inclin  about what they are getting now  ...hmmmm
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    try and match to the B&W self test descriptors

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello everyone who having trouble working out what their pip report means. No black dots. As CR above says go to the site listed and the pip questions are listed with the points value also the questions are listed with a,b,c,d,e,f, so look at your report and go down each question and see what you where awarded a, to f, and add up the points from each question and you should be able to work out your award. May be the acessor did it different or it to be the norm from now on. 
  • jaycee6
    Hi Wilko Thanks   for info..Next question Do you always get the points on the assessors report ,or can the DWP change your points??? I would be grateful for any answers,,

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.