If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Worried about PIP assessment

NeedhelpNeedhelp Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi inhave been invited for a pip assessment but i am worried myself and other people. I tend to lash out with violence. I am scared. Can anyone help ? I just want to b left alone. James


  • JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Hi James, @Needhelp, and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us, but sorry that you are facing such difficulties. Let's see if we can help.
    Benefits are not my own specialty, but there are plenty of people and resources here who can help you with PIP.  It is almost pointless saying 'try not to worry' but I guess I have to say it.
    If I understand correctly you will be able to take someone along with you when the time comes. Do you have a responsible person who would go with you? For now, have a look at this link to one of our PIP resources and see if there is anything in the information there that helps you: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/pip/faqs?_ga=2.165067706.405444417.1517054923-1832321402.1513208436 This contains a lot of the questions that are frequently asked about PIP
    Though the weekend may slow things down a bit, your post will probably soon be moved to a discussion forum where it will get more attention and you will hear from people who know more than I do. Be as patient with us as you can, and we will do our best for you.
    Stay in touch, James - you're among friends here,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
  • Marly73Marly73 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Not sure if I can help but I feel your anguish. The new regime for disability is designed to drive you nuts.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Needhelp
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are so worried about this.

    Do you have anyone who can help you through this? You can let the PIP assessors know that you have violent episodes, do you see a mental health specialist, could they or your GP offer you a letter to explain this?
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.