Try to be positive but often feel worthless — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Try to be positive but often feel worthless

Options
kjs
kjs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi I'm 57 had a spinal tumour removed and have spinal stenosis and cervical stenosis causing weakness in hands and legs was always active but now ut t struggle now . Have constant pain and weakness when walking have to keep sitting down and constantly tired. I know I could be worse but often feel I've lost quality of life do find it makes me low  and anxious . 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ @kjs , I know what and how you must be feeling having worked since a 17 year old farming now early sixties being diagnosed with MS and had to finish work being active now reduced to walking the dog using mobility scooter. It's was hard at first but getting out meeting people who stop to talk with you and become regular friends. I continue to attend church and use a second scooter to go shopping with my wife, engaging in coversation with people you meet and telephoning and using the Internet brings the outside indoor to you. Yes the garden could do with some attention but pace your self set yourself some goals and if you don't succeed try again when you feel up to it but don't beat yourself up over not or can't do things, prayers to you.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kjs and welcome to the community! So sorry to hear that you've been feeling low, living with pain can feel really isolating and I'm sure many of our community members will be able to empathise.

Have you considered seeking support for your mental health?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.