Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Caring and benefits
What I would like to know. My Wife is Terminally ill with Lung and Heart Problems. I am registered as Her Carer. My Wife can walk very slowly with an Oxygen Tank but cannot climb steps or any form of Incline This seems to me to be serious yet She only gets £200 per Month, We have had to buy out of our own Savings extra Equipment which the NHS will not supply. We cannot obtain total Disability, which would allow us to obtain a Mobility Motor Vehicle WE are both 71 years I have Chronic Arthritis of the Back and Legs but I do not claim any form of disability would I be able to seeing my Wife is claiming
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 924 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.