Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Universal credit payments
Hi there I've been on universal credit since December 2017 after being on ESA.i had a Total knee replacement 17/10/2016 and have been off work since.my leg is in more pain now than pre op and have only just managed to get off morphine pain relief after 15 months only because other pain relief has been increased to compensate.after all this time my employer has terminated my employment on medical grounds and will be paying me my termination notice of 4 week's pay.i would like to know if my UC will be affected by this payment considering I had to work 4 weeks at start of employment before being paid.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.