Ask a disabled student adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Asd and leaving residential school

soozisoozi Member Posts: 1 Listener
My son has been residential weekly at specific to needs (asd, anxiety, etc) school for close to 5yrs. (Home every weekend and holidays)
In Aug last year he began a college.course in the area is. He wants to and has been offered the hnc in his.chosen.subject and have put together a package for continuing to accommodate and support him in achieving his goals.
As he longer studying a school curriculum from June this year, the education dept will.stop all funding si now we have a battle to get this funding peoples social work department.
Proposals have.been submitted from son and his school but we are not being listened to.
We have to think about college halls of residence as an option.
We are fraught, scared and anxious.
I wonder about any information, advice and/or information in other funding sources we might be able to access/apply for so that the price tag can be fully met up what social work will agree to pay....can anyone offer any advice, idea's and info about funding sources????
Apologies, my post is long, thank you for any help at all


Sign in or join us to comment.