Tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal date

lixsharp13
lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi ive got my date for appeal hearing on 10th of april. Im so sick with nerves. Does anyone have any tips please 
Liz

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lixsharp13
    We have some videos about preparing for appeal hearing and what to do on the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEvbFVlQOc&t=6s
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Can't really add much help @lixsharp13 apart from to say good luck..

I am learning that as I am getting older that the stress worrying over things I can't change only makes me worse, which in itself shows just how bad one can get and the support we as disabled people need. In the pass I have had huge anxiety attacks when having to attend medicals etc for employment or benefits, I think this has made me worse due to the lack of sleep the night before, my disabilities have been effected etc. Try and get someone to help you show that it is effecting you mentally and emotionally going through these appeals and fighting for what you deserve isn't right but if you where not effected by it then it could make them think that you are coping when you are not. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.