cancelling an 'Attendance Allowance' claim — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

cancelling an 'Attendance Allowance' claim

Hi there....Iv asked this on here but im not sure how to find the answer as im so hoping someone will email me.....I sent in a form each for my mum and dad for attendance allowance around the 14th Feb ... my dad is very poorly with parkinsons demential and heart  problems and is more or less house bound except when we take him to the hospital and doctors for his appointments and to get him out.....he is on high rate DLA and care ..I have found out that if he claims for this his DLA will stop so we honestly dont want that to happen,    how do i go about cancelling his claim????  my mum's claim has been sent but i didn't know that about my Dads DLA will be so upset as I done this for them .....I just didn't make sure you could i was told you could and took this as i could for them.......i hope someone can help   Iv sent a letter by special delivery today signed by my dad and me to their address       I hope someone can help   thank you x


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Amy and welcome

    As you have found out you cannot claim for both.
    Does your father have a mobility component ?
    if not then no harm donne as the rates are the same
    If your father has not had an assessment then you should be able to write and cancel the AA claim as no decision has been made

    Please don't feel bad, you are only trying to do right by your folks


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.