Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
2 year old son not talking and history of autism in the family
I would like to ask u i got a son 29 months old who is not talking at all only making and coping sounds from us. We have a history for autism from his 2 older brothers from dads previous marriage. The gp has made a referral with a speech therapist but this can take up tp 12 months as the list is very long. We attend a children centre twice a week which doesnt seem to do much at least for now. I found online after a research i did that a educational psychologist may be able to help also so i am open to any help guide advices can be offerd as at the moment i got no other means to help my little boy than waiting for the appointment. Thank you everyone in advance and sorry for the long post.
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 959 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 258 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 670 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 727 Autism and neurodiversity
- 875 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.