Pip declined — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip declined

Options
cesil
cesil Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
my sons who has autism turned 16 and we had to apply for pip from dla. We have been declined pip and I am having trouble understanding the jargon on the assessors report. They refer to his MSE and MSO. Does anyone know what they refer to. Also assessors did tests like count down in sevens and remember 3 things. He was able to do the sevens but not the 3 things.  What do each test show? The biggest thing I am really annoyed about is the assessor report has flying colours for his appearence, well kept, well fed and did not look anxious  but do not take into account that at the time of assessment he was receiving full time care as awarded dla. If he didn't have care the report would of been different. Would he received pip if 3 weeks prior leading to assessment I stopped all care . Is this care being received at time been taken into account.
please help

Comments

• jamby41
    jamby41 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi whatever the assessor states on the report I would not give it much thought. 
    They fill in the report very much the same for everyone. It's actually a template they use, so everyone gets more or less the same. I realised this when I read the report published recently into how, disabled sick people are treated by Atos. I had only read a few and could identify with several other reports. The only thing you can do is put in a mandatory reconsideration to DWP and if they deny you again, ring them and tell them you want to appeal. You have to do this within a month.
    If you can get help citizens advice, welfare rights, I would contact them straight away. 
    Also start gathering any medical evidence you may have missed. If you can get the backing from anyone who knows your son contact them.
    Good luck and don't let them drag you down.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have information here about appealing a DWP decision, I know it seems scary and overwhelming, but lots of people who appeal do win.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.