What to expect at a tribunal hearing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to expect at a tribunal hearing

Options
rhino1
rhino1 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
We haven't got representation for our tribunal meeting. What is the success rate if you go in with just your partner? We have strong medical evidence but would like to know how patient the panel will be if we need to look through all of the letters etc for reference and that is stressful in  itself.  We have a detailed diary as well in case that would be useful. I already have 10 points for mobility and 8 for care. Any guidance etc for this stressful time would be very gratefully received.

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    Options
    yes , they will ask you why you are appealing  and you state that you feel the assessment officer made some big mistakes and you would like to put your points over, this happened to myself I made a list and where they made a judgment against me I made a point to say what  really was said .tell them you made alist as to where they got it wrong they may look or ask you to read them out take copy hand one to them keep one close by to be ready to take questions. don't drag on giving more than you need just ansa what they want to here.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.