If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Losing money going on to pension - help!

Options
wellington37
wellington37 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and income
Hi need help please On 6 th march i start recieving my oap at 105 pound a week I have been in reciept of esa for years with a disability component So now i will be losing out on 75 pound a week any help i can get thanx 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,298 Championing
    Options
    Hi @wellington37 and a warm welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us.
    I am not an expert in this particular area, but we do have people who are and I have no doubt they will be in touch with you soon. Bear with us, if you can, and I will be here, listening, if there is anything more you wish to tell me or to ask me.
    Before I retired, doing a job I found very stressful, my wife would say to me each morning "Don't let the bu**ers grind you down!" Try, anyway, wellington.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Championing
    Options
    hi wellington and welcome

have you looked at pension credit ?

https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Championing
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You might get a disability element in your Pension Credit.  Have you thought about claiming PIP?

You could phone Age UK helpline for advice.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,665 Championing
    Options
    We have the benefits calculator here you could try and the number for Age UK is 0800 055 6112
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.