PIP tribunal stress — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal stress

Options
amelia89d
amelia89d Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
have aPIP tribunal comihg up absolutely stressed out waking up not sleeping. I hate paperwork it gives me stress headaches and panic attacks

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had mine today and was in a terrible state, could not even talk. The 3 people there were very patient and asked some questions. Can’t actually remember my answers but have to wait on a decision by post as they were running 40 minutes late. I know it’s really stressful, I had a panic attack before I left for the hearing but it will be worth it. Your entitled to it. Try and stay strong and just be yourself 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Amelia (?) @amelia89d, and welcome to the community. I am glad you've found us, but very sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. You are - sadly - one of many, but I know that that won't make you feel any better.
    Your post is in the Talk about PIP/DLA forum, which is the best place for it, and others will be along to talk to you and, if they can, advise you, in the near future. Bear with us, and know that you're among friends.
    You might find this page (PIP - frequently asked questions) useful, as it includes, I think,  tips on how to approach the tribunal: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/pip/faqs?_ga=2.67042347.405444417.1517054923-1832321402.1513208436
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @amelia89d, so sorry to hear about your stress. I really hope the tribunal goes well. You may like to check out our guidance on appeals and as Mike says, seeing help or representation locally might also be beneficial.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.