is it to late to complain about my assessor? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

is it to late to complain about my assessor?

Fedup2
Fedup2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I had a medical assessment from an ATOS health professional. I had it at home after my partner sorted it for me.I suffer badly with Anxiety & depression i also have 2 Chronic conditions & a heart condition.( I was in an abusive controlling relationship for 18 years,this was 15 years ago but is still affecting me.) I had an ESA Support assessment a few months before .It was fine. But the ATOS one was not,She phoned an hour before her morning appointment I had to get downstairs to answer,she told me she was doing me first as it was easier for her & she would be there in half hour. I stayed downstairs as i find the stairs hard as knee's painful.She didn't check my disability ignored anything i said & kept telling me she knew what she was doing she was a health professional. She based her whole report on the fact i picked up a cup of tea & i looked her in the eye.She was intimidating rude & made it feel like being there was a waste of her time.I spent the next 3 weeks after seeing her report in a state of depression & had really bad anxiety attack.I could not believe the lies it was all rubbish. but i have no proof,i asked them to look again & got a letter back saying they had & nothing changed due to the state i was in after the look again was turned down i was past my appeal date & being told a paper appeal would probably fail,i couldn't get myself or evidence together in time.My life has changed  i'm on standard Daily & 0 Mobility. My partner has been telling me not to do anything incase i loose the lot.This was end of October last year & the only proof i have now got is the ESA medical report is it to late to complain ? (sorry it's such a novel. ) 

Comments

• sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    @Fedup2

Hi, I am very sorry to hear about this situation it sounds very stressful. I only have experience with PIP but I have been told that you can appeal one decision i.e. only the mobility element.

Maybe @CockneyRebel could shed some more light on this?

Shannon

Shady.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Fedup and welcome

First, it is not to late to complain as you were obviously traumatised by the treatment of the assessor
    Second, How many points did you receive for DL ?
    If you ask for a tribunal appeal you can ask for just the mobility to be looked at but with standard DL only you may want this looking at as well

Have a look at the B&W self test to see where you should have scored points

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Lastly, for now, you are not to late to appeal to the tribunal. With good reason you can make a late appeal upto 13 months
    To start a tribunal appeal you only need to submit form SSCS1 and basic reasons for your appeal. You will have some time to gather any evidence and prepare your submission. It does not have to be done now

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Fedup2
    @CockneyRebel  Great name by the way. Thanks very much i will have to look into it,i can't do face to face appeal,as i live in the back of beyond & my nearest Tribunal is a 52 mile round trip,i just can't do it, So would have to be a paper appeal. Thanks for this info didn't know you could appeal unless within the month. 
  • Fedup2
    I nearly had a breakdown trying to get them to come here for medical,my partner took 3 days of calls to sort it,there is no way they will come here for appeal & bring a whole panel with them.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The panel only consists of three members and it is your right to be heard. Please look at the options that mike has suggested  he knows what he is talking about

\\CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • becky1uk
    becky1uk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    How do I report my aserer who came to my home yesterday help plase

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.