CICA Appeal Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CICA Appeal Tribunal

Options
Davidglen23
Davidglen23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been waiting for a CICA Appeal Tribunal since around August 2017, after my initial CICA application was turned down. Could someone tell me how long is the normal wait time, for a CICA Appeal Tribunal ? It is affecting my mental health.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Davidglen23, and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your CICA outcome and that the waiting time is affecting your mental health. This information is from the gov.uk page on CICA appeals:

The tribunal will send a copy of your appeal form to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). CICA will usually respond to you and the tribunal within 6 weeks.

You’ll have 1 month to get back to the tribunal with any extra information or arguments.

We don't generally see a lot of queries about CICA on the community so what it might be worth doing is contacting the organisation- there should be a number listed on any documents you have, and it could be worth ringing to get an update and see if you can find out the wait time. 

There is also a helpline:
    Criminal injuries compensation tribunal helplinecic.enquiries@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
    Telephone: 0141 354 8555
    Fax: 0141 354 8556 
  • Davidglen23
    Davidglen23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Many thanks Pippa.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.