Housing — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


I am in a private rented One bedroom flat & My son has a disability The council doesnt, want to help me I dont, know what to do


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    @Nadia1978, hello and welcome, sorry to hear you are having problems. But you haven't stated what exactly your problem is with the local council and what you want or would like them to do.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    @Nadia1978, sorry to hear about your troubles, but you have not given any details of what you would like the council to do for you and your son . 
  • Nadia1978
    Nadia1978 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I live on the Third floor on Lifts just stairs with My son has got a heart mumur as well The council knows this
  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    If it's privately rented it would be down to you to move wouldn't it? 
    The council are paying towards your rent I suspect. 
    Have you put your name down on any lists to find alternative accommodation, I don't know your area so not sure what the is nearby.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Shirlann
    Shirlann Member Posts: 5 Listener
    My grown up son of 23 has some mental health issues which has affected him for the past two years , he is struggling to find housing because he is on benefits. And running out of time as I move next week to an over 55s flat and he can't come with me! 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.