Friend failed PIP assessment, was getting highest DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Friend failed PIP assessment, was getting highest DLA

subhi Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi the reason why I have joined because one of my friends  has failed pip asssessment even though he was getting highest DLA and want to know what he can do. Any advice is welcome.


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Hi subhi and welcome The first stage is to ask for a copy of the assessment report Next ask for a mandatory reconsideration within 28 days of the date of the decision letter Have a look at the B&W self test for an idea of the points ysytem, descriptors and criteria for an award

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @subhi,

    CockneyRebel has given some great advice. If your friend does want to apply for a mandatory reconsideration we have a lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, including some resources on mandatory reconsiderations. You may find the following video of interest:

    I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.

  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    @CockneyRebel, once again you are pointing failed claimants to benefits and work site, the site which as you know so well is full of information dealing with ESA and PIP. I know you have to pay to get acess to the members guides but like me joined but have not needed to use the information, but have found it very intresting reading. Keep up the good advice it's all sound stuff.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.