What benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What benefits?

Options
Madcatlady
Madcatlady Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi looking for advice and make friends with people in same situation i have a son with learning /and communcation needs, need advice and help on future benefits he can claim and support ,At the moment feeling very worried about lack of help during the 16 /18 yrs  please share your experiences with me as feeling very alone ,

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Madcatlady and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us.
    You are among friends here, so feel free to share anything you wish or need to.
    You might like to have a look here https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/carers-of-disabled-children-and-adults, the forum for posts by and about Parents and Carers, and I am sure some of our benefits experts and other people will be in touch with you soon. Please bear with us and keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your son,
    Richard
  • Madcatlady
    Madcatlady Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thankyou@jennysDad hope i can find some answers for when he leaves collage as i feel he will be just left unable to support himself, just hope he can get other help if working only a few hours ,he already gets pip but when he leaves education he will lose other benefit dnt wnt his life to be even more limited because of money ,and other peoples lack of understanding of his needs
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Madcatlady

Good Evening & Welcome to our community/family.

We have got lots of info and advice that I can help you with????

There’s:  
    Benefit Advice.
    Housing Advice.
    Befriending.
    Day Service’s.
    Education.
    Residential Care.
    Supported Living.

There is even more & more that we can go through if that would help?????

Please please let me know how you feel?????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Madcatlady
    Check out the benefits calculator here to see what he could be entitled to :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.