International Women's Day - the top ten disabled women to follow on twitter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

International Women's Day - the top ten disabled women to follow on twitter

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
As a celebration of International Women's Day, I thought I would share my top ten disabled women to follow on twitter.

Jayonlife - Jay is a disabled black woman who runs the wonderful travel blog JayOnLife  Jay talks about the different sights, sounds and smells of the places and accessibility for disabled people.

LifeofPIppa - Our very own @PippaScope is also one to watch on twitter to keep up with her brilliant arts and theater reviews

Dr Kirsty Liddiard - Kirsty is a sociologist researching disability, sexuality, gender, embodiment and childhood and has written the book 'The Intimate Lives of Disabled people'.

Liz Carr - the brilliant actor from Silent WItness is one to follow on twitter,

ShonaLouise - @shonalouise has written guest posts for us here on the community and her twitter feed is filled with activism and disability news.

Kara Goldfinch - Kara runs a blog talking about being a trans woman who happens to be blind and is well worth a follow!

KellyPeebz - a favourite of us here on the community, Kelly runs a successful business, whilst also being the owner of Kidderminster Harriers, and she has just had the cutest baby! What more could you want?

JackieO - @GingerJaxx has written guest posts for us here on the community and writes the fab blog Just Add Ginger about beauty and lifestyle.

Samantha Renke - Actor and activist Sam is super glam and her twitter feed is one to make you feel a little bit jealous! She also talks about disability and accessibility and is one cool lady!

SoBadAss - OK, so this is really cheeky of me, but I thought I would add myself in here! I love working for Scope, but my other life is one as a blogger.  I have a permanent ostomy bag and I write and speak all over the world about life with invisible impairments.  You can also read about why Ill be away from the community for a few weeks.

Who do you follow on twitter? Do you want to share your own twitter account, or any that you love?
Scope
Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.