ESA stopped? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA stopped?

2»

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Why would someone’s  ESA be stopped after PIP assessment?
    There separate benefits and criteria! nothing to do with each other, allegedly 
  • suensyd
    suensyd Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I just want to ask if any one knows the answer to this,I'm appealing against being taken off ESA,but I was advised to make claim for UC as my rent arrears were going they the roof, what happens if I win and would my money go back up?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi suensyd,

You will be entitled to any increase on your ESA if the tribunal decide to allow your appeal, but only during the period that your ESA claim was being paid. You won't be able to go back onto ESA now if you have claimed Universal Credit.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• suensyd
    suensyd Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    i have made a claim for UC,if I win my appeal will I get the increase on UC.            thanks in advance.               

• Anchorman1
    Anchorman1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Cheers everyone i have experience with the tribunal having won there before.Hopefully when i get the forms i will know better how to fill them in
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    Sleepy1,
    I think they  do swap/share info.
    in my bundle, for tribunal, it said at the back pages, interested parties, ESA, Council -council tax benefit, so why else would the people I get benefits from be interested in my PIP!
    They definately hold hands. I had my pip award in one envelope and my esa cut in the other. Arrived the same day.
    It asks you on your pip forms what benefits you receive, so it knows when you don't anymore.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    Why would someone’s  ESA be stopped after PIP assessment?
    There separate benefits and criteria! nothing to do with each other, allegedly 
    She had a wca assessment.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Pea010358
    Pea010358 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I've lost my ESA after moving to it from severe disablement benifit.  The next time they assessed me I got no points.  My husband looked online and wrote to the ESA asking them to provide details of the evidence that they based their decision on, that was nearly 7 weeks ago.  We sent this using registered post and have a POD from 6th February to proove that they recieved our request.  Please advise me what i should do next, I've considered writing to my MP but is there anything he can do? The letter i recieved reffered to an examination, however i was never examined.  The only part to my assessment was a Q&A which was rushed as she was running an hour late, we got the impression that we were an inconvienience that she had to deal with.
    Is there anything further we can do?  If they don't respond to the mandatory reconsideration.  We already have a letter from our GP that explains my condition accurately but if the ESA doesn't respond, how do we present the GPs letter.
    PLEASE help and advise.
    Pea010358 
  • mrsdann
    mrsdann Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi my ex husband is in the same position as previous posters. Having been awarded ESA in November he was called for assessment in March. Result no points despite getting enhanced PIP (mobility and daily living).
    Following this he has asked for an MR and on the advice of a job adviser has applied for JSA with a 13 week period of sickness. He was not asked to sign to say he was available for work. He is currently getting £30 per week more than he got on ESA with the additional premiums for his disability.
  • Skyblue
    Skyblue Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Update; So, I sent of my appeal papers , without any further evidence, which I had a letter confirming receipt of. TOday, I have a dreaded brown envelope which states that they have looked at it again, and that I do meet the criteria after all and they will re-instate me into support group ! I can only assume that the new person looking at the paperwork realised a mistake had been made? Either way, to say I am pleased is a serious understatement. They also said they will review in 18 months time. I believe it is essential to supply a GP statement.My GP just wrote on the "Fit note"  "unable to repeatedly mobilise 50m without severe pain due to osteo, rheumatoid arthritis & fibromyalgia. Please re-assess " She didnt actually write a letter .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.