Phoning DWP too much? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phoning DWP too much?

sdoc94
sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
Hi all,

I wanted everyone's opinions on how often you think phoning the DWP after assessment is acceptable/sensible.

I myself constantly tell myself not to phone but tend to give in and ring for more of the same answer "No decision"

I am hit with both sides of the stick as I am in Northern Ireland, we cannot request a copy of the assessor's report until the decision has been sent out.
Shady.

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I left it four weeks after my f2f to request the report. Got told while on the phone they had made their decision. 
    Two weeks after this the letter arrived. 
    I probably would have waited until the end of that month. 
    No news is good news in some cases.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • mayfair
    mayfair Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    @sdoc94 I am in the same boat was going to call again today but thought it was a bit soon, so I’m going to phone on Monday, I am constantly thinking about it and it’s driving me crazy lol 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everybody, once a week is often enough but if they promised to send a report uk only at present, and nothing arrives then you will have to ask to go to the next level and try to get the answer your seeking.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.