Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
ESA, pension and ill health retirement
Hello, this is the first time for me on here. I'm looking or advice please. I have spondylolisthesis and fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue . I have been put forward for ill health retirement on tier 3 after having a full investigation done on me after a long ,long period of illness which continues to date!! I have now had a final absence meeting and have signed a mutual agreement to leave my employment.Presently I recieve PIP and ESA. My question is " will I still recieve ESA when receiving my pension released on tier 3 ( in 18 months to be reviewed once again ). My situation has worsened since first experiencing the first symptoms in 2014. The thought of been in any employment is beyond anything I can imagine. I'm not lazy or been negative . I AM PRACTICAL. I am wanting,needing closure and peace. It's been such a cruel time! Any supportive answers will be appreciated, thankyou in advance.thankyou.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.