ESA, pension and ill health retirement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA, pension and ill health retirement

lindsey
lindsey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, this is the first time for me on here. I'm looking or advice please. I have spondylolisthesis and fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue . I have been put forward for ill health retirement on tier 3  after having a full investigation done on me after a long ,long period of illness which continues to date!! I have now had a final absence meeting and have signed a mutual agreement to leave my employment.Presently I recieve PIP and ESA. My question is " will I still recieve ESA when receiving my pension released on tier 3 ( in 18 months to be reviewed once again ). My situation has worsened since first experiencing the first symptoms in 2014. The thought of been in any employment is beyond anything I can imagine. I'm not lazy or been negative . I AM PRACTICAL. I am  wanting,needing closure and peace. It's been such a cruel time! Any supportive answers will be appreciated, thankyou in advance.thankyou.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If your ESA is contribution based, there is an £85 disregard of pension income
    If it contains an IR element then your pension income will reduce this £ for £

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.