DWP contacted me about son's DLA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP contacted me about son's DLA

Options
priscilla
priscilla Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The dwp have contacted me with ref my sons dla because he us coming upto 16,he dosnt know he gets it otherwise he will want it to buy airsoft guns how do i go about telling him  and what questions will they ask him

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi priscilla and welcome

PIP is different to DLA and it is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award
    Try the B&W self test to get an idea

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Priscilla (?) @priscilla, and welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    Do I sense from your message that your son has limited understanding of his condition and/or of the benefits system, and that you perhaps have anxieties about telling him too much?
    Could you perhaps tell us a little more?
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.