Part time college course — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Part time college course

I want to take a part time undergraduate degree in Horticulture. I would only be studying 10 hours a week maximum. Would this stop my ESA?


  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Paulr1, Disability Rights UK talks about this in their student's frequently asked questions page:

    "If your course is part-time, benefits such as Income Support, ESA and Housing Benefit will not usually be affected as long as you continue to meet the basic conditions. Please note: If you’re aged 16-19 and in further education the rules are stricter. You should ask for advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau."

    I hope this helps!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.