Hi, my name is pete2002! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pete2002!

Options
pete2002
pete2002 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have just joined - not really a group person, but my fibromyalgia has brought about so many changes to my life and most of them not good ones either.  I am really angry at the ngative impact this has had - sick of feeling unwell - and after 12 years of continuous pain and an utterly useless pain consultant I realised I need to reach out to a wider community and ask for help.  I'm not a moaner by nature - always managed to be a glass half full person but right now, there isn't even a glass to consider.  sorry.

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I haven't been here long, but already finding this site to be very welcoming. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pete2002, and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that things are so difficult at the moment. You may like to check out our dealing with chronic pain discussions, as we have many members who unfortunately have had similar experiences.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pete2002, and it's good to meet you. As Pippa mentioned we seem to have quite a lot of fibromyalgia sufferers here and I'm sure you'll find plenty to talk to. The community is a very friendly place, full of people happy to go the extra mile and then double it :smile:
    Oh, and grumbling's fine. You're entitled to grumble, rant, rave or whatever - you've earned the right.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.