Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

DLA UPDATING LETTER DATED 2nd MARCH STILL NOT HERE.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
edited March 2018 in Disabled people
Hi all, wondering who can help ease my stupid over anxious brain. I’ve usually got mine by now. Lasts years dated 3rd and got it on the 13th. I rang DWP who said it was done on 2nd March. Now does that mean posted on the 2nd or just generated and waiting to be posted?? I hate the thought of it being delivered somewhere else by mistake? Have many people had theirs and what was the length of time it took to reach them? Aaaaaah I’m going crazy with worry. 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,536 Disability Gamechanger
    1) Mine was late this year. I’m not sure why it would be a concern though. The new rates are in the public domain.

2) Check that the DLA is still being paid. The bigger concern is that DWP systems have sent numerous invites to claim PIP which never arrive. You get 4 weeks to make the conversion call but you can’t as you don’t know about it. The first you know about it is when you notice your money has ceased.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    I rang them as I’ve been having issues with my post being midelivered and also receiving other people’s post! Getting fed up with it now :( 
    They told me it had been done on the 2nd March But would that mean posted or generated waiting to be posted? 
    ive heard about PIP letters going missing :( 
    Their system simply tells them when an outgoing letter was produced. They assume it was posted but have no means of confirming that. However, if your post is going awol I would think the DLA uprating letter would be the least consequential of all your post to be concerned about. Provided you have an ongoing award; the money is still being paid; the new amounts are in the public domain and you don’t immediately need a copy of the letter to renew something else like a blue badge or a railcard, I’m not sure I see anything major to be concerned about.
    I have lodged many compliants to the Royal Mail re postal issues. Luckily when my post has been delivered to the wrong address the kind people bring it to me, and same for when I receive other people’s post, my son always delivers it. 
    Not overly concerned but just don’t like private info going awol with such sensitive information, and worried it might mean in scary impending PIP invite was coming instead. Part of having anxiety is over thinking :( 
    However this morning I finally got the letter. Dated 2nd March, took a very long time to get to me but maybe the ”beast from the east!” slowed it down. 
    Thank you for your replies and help. 
    Niknoo. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for all those who are waiting for post from DWP. If you look at the return address on rear it is Ireland. So by the time they fax, email your mine details to Ireland then pros ceased then posted hence the delay form the date on letter and arriving. 
    They don’t email or fax details to Ireland!!! It’s just a print centre with a mail distribution list. All computerised and networked. Not all of them come from Ireland either. Mine very much came from England.
    No need to apologise. Just horrible when you have mental health problems that make you over analyse absolutely everything doesn’t :( 
Sign in or join us to comment.