Hi,My name is Lisa Powell — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi,My name is Lisa Powell

Options
Okker
Okker Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there, first time I have used this site, I had a Brain anyeusm 6 years ago, I am 47 now, I had brain surgery to remove the clot and had a Stent and coil inserted, has taken a long time to become myself again,  I have been left with dystonia in my right foot which is now being treated with botox, it would be nice to get in touch with people with similar disabilities. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello okker and welcome

Plenty of folk here to talk to, if you have any questions or need help just ask
    CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Okker and welcome to the community. I am very glad you have found us.
    You have found a safe place here, are among friends and we are very glad to have you.
    I've found posts on a number of different kinds of brain damage and you might want to have a look at the link to posts on Neurological Conditions here https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/neurological-conditions where you may find conversations you'd like to read or even take part in. It's a good way to make yourself known to others.
    Okay, I'm hoping this helps, but keep in touch and don't hesitate to be in touch and to tell us or ask us anything at all.
    Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @okker, and welcome to the community!
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Okker

It’s great to meet you this afternoon.

Yes I had my Brain AVM burst in 1998 & I had my first Surgery in 1999.

They used “Glue” (Supper) to block in the hope that it would “shrivel up & die”

Well ok until 2004/5.

Please please let me know if I can help you in anyway???

I have meet many patients with very similar problems so hopefully I can offer my help & support?????

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.