ESA face to face assessment! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA face to face assessment!

AaronT
AaronT Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi guys, i've been on ESA for a year now and i'm coming up to another assessment! It's on the 4th of April. I have been through counselling during this time and was told i wasn't responding to CBT so i got referred on to higher intensity counselling, which i am currently undergoing. I have a letter from my GP stating what medication i have been on and what i currently are still on. I also have letters from my past counsellor addressing that my anxiety/depression levels are severely high. I have spoken to my current counsellor and she is also writing up a report for me to take to the assessment to help me. I feel my mental health has massively declined during this year and i'm so nervous for this. Do you think i have enough evidence to support my claim ?

thank you for reading,
Aaron.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @AaronT, Hello and welcome to the cumunity, I am not a benefits adviser but if you visit the site, http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php
    You will be able to take a self test for ESA it a long self test but will give you an idea how you will fair and  if you may or do need more evidence to succeed. 
  • AaronT
    AaronT Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you, i qualified for it and that was being completely honest on every question, the main portion of my points came from needing someone with me when going to new places, there are a lot other things which cause my anxiety to increase but it did not cover it in the test, will i be given chance to explain myself to them? I'll also be going into the face to face assessment with my mum and receiving a lift via car because public transport will be too much for me. I assume the documentation from several mental health professionals will help a lot too right? @wilko
  • Colourfull
    Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi Aaron T,

Yes it Should do I took my Supporting Information with me and have Kept my Esa.
    Good luck with that lol.......
    Let us know how you get on hope you'e fine and get to keep your Esa.

Colourfull.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.