Waiting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting

Options
peanut01
peanut01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good morning all .I won my appeal for pip on the 7th of March. I am so worried and stressed , I have been told that the dwp can appeal against it. I'm to scared to phone and ask them .I thought I would feel better after I won .but I don't, this is so hard  any advice greatly appreciated xx

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @peanut01, hello and welcome to the community, have you rang and ask for a copy of your accessment report? I have heard that DWP are delaying send them out till the award letter has been sent. You can always call DWP to enquire how your award is progressing once a week should be ok and keep you updated. Best wishes.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi peanut and welcome

Yes it is true that the DWP can appeal a tribunal decision but only if they find an error in law. They have 28 days to request a statement of reason from the judge to see if an error is present. In reality they seldom appeal a decision .Normally they take 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Peanut01,
    i won my tribunal on 26th feb and received a letter from DWP on Saturday saying about back pay, payment dates. 
    I said the award was from nov 2017- nov 2019, these dates included in award.
    but looks like they can review in nov 2018.
    i received back pay yesterday.
    i was too scared to call also
    Susan

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.