Where can I get support for my son? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Where can I get support for my son?

Lauraka73075507 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in Autism and neurodiversity
Has anyone got advice or know where I can find some support for my son in school.  He's 10yrs old and has ASD and SEN really struggling in school and socialy, but there's been no support at all,  given to him.  Iv been to the school about this and also support services, +organisations but iv still not had any support given or offered for my son. 


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Laura Kate @Lauraka73075507 and welcome to the community. The answer to your question 'Has anyone...' is almost certainly 'yes!'. We have a lot of members who have been or are going through similar difficulties and, apart from the lived experience which they can share we also have trained advisors here.
    If you will bear with us, these folks will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
    In the meantime you might like to have a look at the 'ask a parenting advisor' thread where such discussions seem to come up quite frequently: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-parenting-advisor. Some of the conversations may interest you and you are, of course, welcome to join in.
    Don't hesitate to be in touch if you have questions or to tell us more about your situation.
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes,
  • ParentingAdvisorVikki
    ParentingAdvisorVikki Member Posts: 45 Connected
    Hi Laura,

    Let me know what area you are in and I will see what services are available. 
    Have you tried to get him social yourself, like getting him into a club or activity? 
    Our local youth centre and leisure centres run ASD and SEN clubs, a lot of areas do. 

    Also try the National Autistic Society, they have fantastic resources available to encourage socialising and stuff.
  • Lauraka73075507
    Lauraka73075507 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes i have started him in a football club, kickboxing and swimming. None have gone long lasting. Its the support in school im more concerned about i live in the RCT area  Cynon Valley is where i live. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.