Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I want to get legal representation for son's PIP tribunal
My son Lowell was receiving DLA He was assessed for PIPS and they awarded him no points at all I accompanied him to a face to face assessment .He was receiving low rate mobility and middle for care. He sent off the mandatory appeal he did not receive their decision in writing which was to uphold their assessment and not award him PIPS. He has still not received confirmation and without this he cannot take his appeal to Tribunal We have a welfare rights officer in Croydon who has supported us so far but I would like to get legal representation for him. How can I go about this My son has been diagnosed with ASD . He is 35 and needs support in all of this He is really strolling to cope financially without his benefits. he lives in Crystal Palace and I live in East Dulwich.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.