Hi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

ash5896
ash5896 Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
Hi and thank you for letting me join the forum.
my name is Ash and I live in West Yorkshire.
im hoping I can get some advice maybe make friends too.
ash
Ash 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ash5896, and welcome to the community! Great to have you here!
  • ash5896
    Thank you PippaScope  :):)
    Ash 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Ash, @ash5896 and a warm welcome to the community. I spent most of my life in West Yorkshire (mostly around Halifax and Bradford) before I moved down South. Live in the environs of London, now, but miss West Yorkshire's open country.
    You're with friends here, Ash. Don't hesitate to tell us anything about yourself or to ask any questions.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • ash5896
    JennysDad said:
    Hi Ash, @ash5896 and a warm welcome to the community. I spent most of my life in West Yorkshire (mostly around Halifax and Bradford) before I moved down South. Live in the environs of London, now, but miss West Yorkshire's open country.
    You're with friends here, Ash. Don't hesitate to tell us anything about yourself or to ask any questions.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    Hi Richard

thank you for the welcome. I’m originally a brummie born and bred now living in Cottingley in Bradford we moved up here after I became disabled as my wife was from here so was the best option at the time. 
    It is nice in summer and the views out of the bedroom are awesome. Don’t like the city part but you can’t have it all lol
    Ash 
  • JennysDad
    Not fond of Bradford, Ash? Well you do surprise me :smile: Leeds is much better if you can cope with it (or was last time I looked). I seem to recall that Cottingley is a charming place.
    The city here - I spend most of my free time in London's parks - is pretty oppressive at times but, as you say, one can't have it all.
    Very nice to meet you and don't forget we're here to try to help if there is any way in which we can.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your good lady,
    Richard
  • ash5896
    JennysDad said:
    Not fond of Bradford, Ash? Well you do surprise me :smile: Leeds is much better if you can cope with it (or was last time I looked). I seem to recall that Cottingley is a charming place.
    The city here - I spend most of my free time in London's parks - is pretty oppressive at times but, as you say, one can't have it all.
    Very nice to meet you and don't forget we're here to try to help if there is any way in which we can.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your good lady,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard
    I signed up after my experience with the assessment on Monday. Can’t believe how it ended so signed up here to hopefully get some advice which i have been getting and pointed in the right direction. 

Ash 
  • JennysDad
    Glad to hear we're being useful. Best to you
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.