What does pain and depression look like? - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does pain and depression look like?

Options
12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    @whistles

DVLA: Yeah, my PIP assessor said that the DVLA hadn't been notified that I can't drive. True. However:
    1. I don't have a license, so I can't drive anyway. (The assessor wrote that I have an American one. I did, when I lived there, *11.5 years ago*. When it expired I couldn't get another one, as I'm neither a US citizen nor a US resident, so I couldn't renew it.)
    2. On the DVLA's website, it states the following:

Prescription medicines

It’s illegal in England and Wales to drive with legal drugs in your body if it impairs your driving.

It’s an offence to drive if you have over the specified limits of certain drugs in your blood and you haven’t been prescribed them.

Talk to your doctor about whether you should drive if you’ve been prescribed any of the following drugs:

• amphetamine, eg dexamphetamine or selegiline
    • clonazepam
    • diazepam
    • flunitrazepam
    • lorazepam
    • methadone
    • morphine or opiate and opioid-based drugs, eg codeine, tramadol or fentanyl
    • oxazepam
    • temazepam

You can drive after taking these drugs if:

• you’ve been prescribed them and followed advice on how to take them by a healthcare professional
    • they aren’t causing you to be unfit to drive even if you’re above the specified limits

-----------------------------

Ta-daaaa. The only reason I wouldn't be able to drive is because I'm on tramadol. Since they discombobulate me so much, I wouldn't feel safe driving while on them, and since I take tramadol all the time, I would never drive. Thus there's no reason for the DVLA to be told that I can't drive. These ar*eholes don't have a clue what they're supposed to be doing.

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some people wouldn't know not to drive either though.
    There was a case whereby a lady I think was found to be over the legal drugs limits on cough and cold and remedies! The police test for drugs these days as well if in an accident in some forces. I say some because the documentary showed that one. Would need to Google the newspaper whatsit.

I am on the notification list and I was still asked if I drove. I think it's just a standard robotic question they ask everyone. 
    We all got asked the same as we all filled in the same pip forms. The annoying thing is they are only interested in your functions of those set descriptors, however, they ask you things  not on the list and decide if you should function with what is.

You can raise your arm to wash your hair- means you can fly that boeing 747.  ;)
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I might put my name down as an assessor because didn't someone say a trained monkey could do it.  :o
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The level of skill required to be an assessor would be an insult to a trained monkey

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Options
    Well that’s a little stress lifted! Just had a letter from the DWP signing me of work, with 2 careers a day looking after me and unable to walk it would have looked a little silly
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.