Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Non dependent reduction whilst on Universal Credit and in receipt of DLA?
After receiving esa for several years and dla high rate due to breast cancer , i had to go too an assesment last year and lost all my esa even though i have been diagnosed with other medical conditions , i have been made to look for work even though i am undergoing a second operation next month for breast re construction , i am still receiving dla as yet not been invited to apply for pip , what i am concerned about is that i have lost £16 a week on my housing element since going onto Universal Credit as i have a non dependent daughter , i have been told that i should not have lost it as im still in receipt of dla ?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.